I’ve been avoiding taking trains planes or buses out of fear of panic attacks

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Karl 3 months ago.

Karl
    Participant
    Is my fear of this type of travel a motion related problem or could it be something that I’ve inherited through my family since my mom had lots of traveling anxiety and panic attack issues as well.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
    Why we develop an anxiety disorder or any phobia is not really understand by science. I personally believe that there is a personality trait that will predispose us to developing anxiety and phobia issues. But I also believe that we need a life situation – or a “life stressor” to fully create an anxious response to a specific situation.

Its not necessarily important how or why we developed a phobia. What is most important is how we move forward from here – what we do NOW is what is important.

Recovery is a proactive approach to confronting our anxiety and learning to manage our thoughts and not responding to our emotions.

Begin watching the video Recovery Workshop series. Learn what anxiety is and how to productively & proactively approach your anxiety and your specific phobias.

Let me know if you have any questions as you go through the videos – and my blog as well. I am here to help guide you and navigate you through the recovery process.

Thank you!

Michael Valentine

Karl
    Participant
    Thank you
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.